We at VSPARTICLE like a good challenge! Our drive to make nanomaterial discoveries automated and scalable has led to the development of our latest tool the VSP-P1 Nanostructured Material Printer (VSP-P1).
Today, we would like to challenge you instead! We would like you to think of novel materials for innovative applications that could be developed and created with the use of the VSP-P1 Nanostructured Material Printer. The accepted proposal submission will be invited to visit our headquarters, learn about our company, understand our technology, and gain first-hand experience with the VSP-P1 Nanostructured Material Printer so that he can afterwards prepare his materials independently. You will receive multiple days-worth of VSP-P1 access equivalent to €10,000 worth of contract research.
We are pushing the boundaries of conventional nanomaterials research through a fully automated system that not only generates the desired nanoparticles, using the VSP-G1 Nanoparticle Generator (VSP-G1), but also prints these nanoparticles directly onto the desired substrate using the VSP-P1.
The combination of these two cutting edge R&D tools in one automated system brings us one step closer to preparing your desired advanced nanomaterial.
When connected to the VSP-G1, the VSP-P1 prints inorganic nanostructured materials that may possess unique quantum properties. The versatility of the VSP-P1 has enabled researchers from various fields to capture the capabilities of printed nanomaterials and use them in the development of gas sensors, SERS substrates and the next generation of electrocatalysts.
In preparation for the launch of VSP-P1 Nanostructured Material Printer later this year, we are looking to showcase our latest technology through an Open Call for application ideas. This Open Call challenges enthusiastic researchers to write and submit materials ideas that may be developed with the use of our VSP-P1 Nanostructured Material Printer within VSPARTICLE’s labs.
This is a unique opportunity to use a fresh preparation method to make the material you are aspiring to create!
VSParticle’s technology has already showcased that using our gas-phase, contaminant-free, spark ablation-based synthesis approach yields superior performing advanced nanomaterials. Feel free to check out our growing list of publications here so you get a better idea of the flexibility of our technology.
Print different elemental compositions of NiFe and layer thicknesses in 1 run
Local deposition fits present manufacturing process (inks) and decreases process time and variability due to eliminating baking.
How does our Open Call work?
You provide the material inspiration, we assess its feasibility with our technology and if the idea matches the selection criteria, we will provide you with the opportunity to develop your innovative material at the push of a button, using the VSP-P1.
The winning proposal will be invited to visit our headquarters, learn about our company, understand our technology, and gain first-hand experience with the VSP-P1 Nanostructured Material Printer so that he can afterwards prepare his materials independently.
The accepted proposal submission will receive multiple days-worth of VSP-P1 access equivalent to €10,000 worth of contract research. The exact number of days will depend on the complexity of the desired materials, the specific preparation time per sample and material costs. Read more about in the terms and conditions section.
Who can apply?
We are looking for ambitious early-stage academics (e.g., PhD student, post-doc, assistant professor), seeking to prepare novel materials within their respective fields using a new and innovative technique.
How to apply?
The Open call for submission application requires you to send us an email here with the following details to be included in the contents of the email:
- Personal details: your name, email address, university/institute, department & research group
- Written proposal details including title and short abstract describing general field of research, nature of desired sample, expected characterization and performance testing of material, expected impact of superior/novel material within field (max. 1 page word/pdf format).
After you have sent the e-mail with the required information and attached the abstract for your proposal, you will then receive a confirmation email from VSPARTICLE.
When to apply
The Open Call for submission kicks off on the 4th of June 2021 and is open for submission until 19th July 2021. After this, VSPARTICLE’s team will assess your idea internally, following the criteria set for this. See below:
1. Originality of the idea
a. Innovative technology needs original ideas to bring about scientific breakthroughs! All ideas are welcome, but the more original your problem, the more impactful our solution!
2. Feasibility of project idea (compatibility with the technology)
a. VSPARTICLE's nanoparticle printing technology is compatible with a wide range of substrates and please check the brochure here or contact us directly if you have any questions regarding the feasibility of your ideas.
In ‘Stage A’ submission for applications will involve the process of registering via the form and attaching your proposed idea until the 19th of July 2021.
In ‘Stage B’ the work is evaluated internally, and you will receive a response within four weeks after the end of submission deadline.
If your idea is successful, we will arrange a meeting with you from October onwards. You will be invited at our headquarters to discuss the implementation and arrange the framework of the project with our VSP-P1 Nanostructured Material Printer team. Already looking forward to meeting you and a potential scientific breakthrough!
Terms & Conditions
- The Open Call is open to entrants residing Netherlands and Belgium.
- The author(s) of the accepted proposal will be invited to visit the VSPARTICLE offices to learn about our company, understand our technology, and gain first-hand experience with the VSP-P1 Nanostructured Material Printer (VSP-P1).
- VSParticle will provide inhouse training to ensure that as a visiting researcher(s) you can prepare your materials independently.
- VSParticle are keen to collaborate with researchers to explore how well your application matches our technology. We also understand that samples prepared via new techniques require iterations to optimize the final materials. Therefore, the accepted research submission will receive multiple days-worth of VSP-P1 access between October 2021 – March 2022, equivalent to €10,000 worth of contract research. The exact number of days will depend on the complexity of the desired materials, the specific preparation time per sample, material costs, etc.
- Only one entry is permitted per person. Entries are to be submitted online via the form present on this page.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 on 19th July 2021. Entries will be kept confidential and shared only if and with your consent once you will be invited to bring your ideas to fruition.
- VSPARTICLE aims to notify you by email within 4 weeks of the submission deadline. The successful participant must respond within 7 days, or an alternative winner may be chosen.
- The participant(s) who are selected to explore VSParticle’s labs and printing technology may have their experiences used for future marketing materials and campaigns. Data will always be kept confidential, and users will be allowed to review marketing material prior to release.
- By entering the Open Call for application submission, entrants are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
If you have any questions or remarks about the nature of your sample preparation, please reach us by email here. Our team of specialists are always eager to answer your curiosities and help you develop your idea into an innovative application.
There is a whole new world of possibilities at the nanoscale. We always enjoy talking about them.
Don’t want to miss our submission deadline? Click below to add this event to your calendar and you will be reminded automatically one week before the submission deadline.
Good luck everyone and cannot wait to read about your ideas!